From reader (and former Chicago Parent sales rep) Kimberly Kutnick: "I grew up having this at Thanksgiving and Passover. Now, it’s my son’s favorite dish. He asked me to make it for him one day when he’s home visiting from college (he’s almost 7 now)."
- 1 Package Frozen Cooked Squash
- 1/4 lb melted butter or margarine
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 very large eggs or 3 regular/small eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup matzo cake meal (or flour but I prefer cake meal)
- dash of salt and dash of cinnamon
- Defrost squash on counter or in microwave
- Add melted butter to squash and mix
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to squash mixture
- Beat eggs into milk and then add that to the squash.
- Pour into a greased soufflé dish and bake at 350 degrees for 55
- Test for doneness like you would for a cake. If it's runny,
keep in about 10 minutes longer
See more of 's stories here.