Love strawberry shortcake? You'll love this lighter tak. It's a snap to make and uses ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese,
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) sliced stemmed California
- In food processor, process cheese, honey and zest until well
mixed, or mix in bowl with wooden spoon.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. cheese mixture on cut side of one muffin
- Top with 1/4 cup strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make eight open-faced
Makes: 4 servings.
Tip: Make cheese mixture ahead and store in refrigerator.
See more of 's stories here.