Getting kids out of bed can be like scraping gum off the underside of your coffee table, but the smell of these dippin' doozies will have your kids bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in plenty of time to catch the school bus.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup or topping of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce and
butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with
cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Makes: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 5 pancakes (calculated without syrup)
equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg
cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g
protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
See more of 's stories here.