Native Americans used pumpkins seeds for medicine. While they can't cure a stomach ache caused by a candy overdose, they can be a tasty, toasted snack that is not only healthy, but delicious.
- Pumpkln seeds. Lots of 'em.
- Your choice of seasonings - garlic salt or onion powder
makes a savory snack, while cinnamon and sugar results in something
a bit sweeter.
- After removing seeds from the pumpkin, wash remaining pulp off
seeds and spread them out on a paper towel to dry overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, cover with cooking spray or a
light layer of oil.
- Toss seeds in oil, spread them out on the baking sheet and
sprinkle lightly with your choice of seasonings.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about one hour, tossing seeds every 15
minutes. Toasted seeds can be stored for up to three months in an
See more of 's stories here.