Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Makes 6 servings
This recipe can be found at AllRecipes.com.
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and
black pepper to
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside
and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion
powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity.
Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's
exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to
a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings.
Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before
See more of 's stories here.