Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving (1 pie): 300 calories, 12 g total fat, 7 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Courtesy of the Pampered Chef.
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend or pumpkin pie spice
- ½ pkg. (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust), softened
according to package directions
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- ¼ cup caramel sauce or butterscotch rum sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper;
set aside. Zest lemon using fine grater to measure 1 tsp. Combine
zest, sugar and spice blend in large bowl; mix well. Unroll one pie
crust onto lightly floured pastry mat; roll to a 12-inch circle.
Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using 3-inch
biscuit cutter. Transfer disks to cookie sheet; lightly prick with
pastry tool and sprinkle evenly with about 2 tsp. of the sugar
mixture. Bake 6-8 minutes or until disks are golden brown.
- Cut apples into wedges. Add apples to remaining sugar mixture
in mixing bowl; toss well to coat completely. Arrange apples in a
single layer in small ridged baker; cover with parchment paper.
Microwave on high 3-5 minutes or until apples are soft. Carefully
drain apple liquid into measuring cup to measure 3 Tbsp. Place
whipped topping in small bowl; fold in apple liquid.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. To assemble, transfer one disk
to a serving plate. Arrange three apple wedges on a disk in a
single layer. Top apples with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping
mixture. Place second disk over filling; top with two apple wedges
and 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat with remaining
disks, apple wedges and whipped topping mixture. Drizzle with
See more of 's stories here.