No need to look for a rainbow to find a pot of gold. This fun fondue might even get the kids to eat more veggies.
- Vegetables and fruits for dipping. Our favorites: Cauliflower,
broccoli, peeled baby carrots, asparagus tips, apple wedges, pear
- 1 pound Irish cheddar cheese, grated
- 2½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sparkling apple cider
- ½ cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. brown mustard
- Steam all vegetables until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
Arrange vegetables and fruit around edge of large platter.
- Toss cheese with flour in large bowl.
- Bring apple cider, juice concentrate and mustard to simmer in
large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese
is melted and smooth, thinning with more cider, if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to bowl. Place in center of platter with
vegetables and fruit.
See more of 's stories here.