The top cookie on AllRecipes.com's list for Chicago are these Easy Sugar Cookies. From start to steaming hot in 25 minutes.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small
bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry
ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and
place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until
golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to
cool on wire racks.
See more of 's stories here.