These pop-'em-in-your-mouth treats are great for homemade gift baskets.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) HERSHEY'®S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended;
gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Stir in cereal. Shape into
1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and 1/4
cup shortening. Microwave on high until chips are melted; stir
until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; place on a waxed
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine vanilla chips and
remaining shortening. Microwave at 70% power until melted; stir
until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or generic brands of peanut
butter are not recommended for this recipe.
See more of 's stories here.