Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
This recipe can be found at AllRecipes.com
- 4 Cornish game hens
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees
- Rub hens with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lightly
season hens with salt and pepper. Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig
rosemary in cavity of each hen. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting
pan, and arrange garlic cloves around hens. Roast in preheated oven
for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining
2 tablespoons of oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25
minutes longer, or until hens are golden brown and juices run
clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices
into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil
until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes. Cut
hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and
garlic around hens. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and
See more of 's stories here.