This tasty dish is as good as in a Chinese restaurant - and is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- Cook chicken in 1 Tbsp. oil in hot skillet, stirring constantly
until lightly browned.
- Set chicken aside in bowl and add to it 1 Tbsp. soy sauce.
- Add remainder of oil and rice to skillet. Reduce heat to
medium. Stir frequently until golden brown.
- Add chicken with soy sauce and broth. Simmer, covered, for 25
minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in onion, green pepper and remaining soy sauce. Cook,
uncovered, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Push rice mixture to side of skillet and add eggs. Stir eggs
until they are almost set, then add lettuce and continue stirring
for another minute. Blend with rice.
See more of 's stories here.