Real buckeyes are tree nuts. These cookie buckeyes are peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. #5 on the AllRecipes.com top 10 cookie recipes for Chicago holiday 2011.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter,
vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll
into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie
- Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used
later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm,
about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set
over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until
- Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto
the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at
the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie
sheet and refrigerate until serving.
See more of 's stories here.