Smooth, delicious, and the perfect cure for a sticky Chicago summer day. Careful in making and eating this one, though -- blueberries are one of nature's most resilient stains!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (6- to 8-oz.) container low-fat or nonfat blueberry
- 1 to 1.5 cups blueberry or orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, or a pinch of cinnamon
- Wash the berries. For an icier, colder smoothie, freeze the
berries in a single layer on a cookie sheet until partially frozen,
about 30-45 minutes.
- Place the berries in a blender with the yogurt, juice and
vanilla. Blend on low speed until ingredients are just mixed, then
switch to high school and blend until smooth.
See more of 's stories here.