These sailboats are easy to make and will keep the kids entertained in the tub.
- 4.7 x 3 x .6-inch sponges
- Craft foam sheets
- Begin by cutting a small slit near the top of your sponge.
- Cut a triangle shape for a mast out of your craft foam
- Add two slits into the foam so that the straw can be inserted
as a "mast."
- Place the foam triangle onto the straw and trim any excess
straw if necessary.
- Secure the straw into the slit in the sponge and prepare for
your first bathtime regatta!
Caitlin Murray Giles is a full-time mother of three and part-time freelance writer living in Wicker Park.
See more of Caitlin's stories here.