- My Holiday To-Do List
My Holiday To-Do List
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
I recently wrote an article for Chicago Parent,
10 Can't-Miss Holiday Experiences. I was limited to a top ten,
but here are a few more items on my Holiday To-Do list:
- Hop in the car and buzz over to XOCO
for churros and a hot cocoa Mexican-style (not because this a
particularly Christmas-y thing to do, but because I'm always
looking for an excuse for churros!).
- Bake some gingerbread people.
- Host a Gingerbread House Making Party for my kids and their
friends: I'll supply the gingerbread houses and ask each guest to
bring a bag of a cool candy for decorating.
- Drinks and chestnuts roasting over an open fire at the Four
Seasons' Seasons Lounge with my hubby.
- A family visit to the new Armour exhibit at the Art Institute,
followed by lunch at the Russian Tea Room.
- Lunch date with my son at his fave downtown place for a burger,
- An It's a Wonderful Life movie
- And finally, lots of down time at home with my family!
Is it Christmas break yet? What's on your holiday to-do list?
Amy Bizzarri is a mom of two living in Logan Square. She also blogs at tiramisumom.com.
See more of Amy's stories here.