Gratitude is thankfulness, but it's also awareness - what you enjoy, what you appreciate, what brings on a surge of energy or feeling.
Each day offers a range of different things to appreciate, and today, this is my list.
In no particular order, I am Grateful for:
1. T, J, C, & S and my entire family
2. deep talks
3. clean, soft sheets
5. yoga in the morning/yoga clothes all day
6. singing in the car
7. dancing in the kitchen
9. tall half caf Americano
10. Vitamix smoothies
11. Galena get togethers
12. Friends, The Daily Show, Glee
14. warm socks
16. braiding little girl hair
17. text messages
18. good humor and big laughs
19. essential oils
20. the numbers 7 and 11
23. holding hands
24. water with a straw
25. Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Wahlberg
26. art projects on the fridge and taped to the windows
28. photographs and other reminders
29. knitting projects
30. helpers and teachers
31. deep breaths
32. Portillo's chocolate cake
33. the iPhone
34. salt baths
35. synchronicity and coincidence
36. Google calendar
38. enlightenment through challenge
39. my life, all 39 years
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Through gratitude may you embrace who you are and allow the world to enjoy the blessing of you.
Cathy Adams is a certified parenting coach, yoga instructor and mother to three girls.
See more of Cathy's stories here.